Floating Bubble Covers
When used correctly, they have several benefits:
- Heat retention – for heated pools, a thermal cover is the most effective way to prevent heat loss into the atmosphere. It also protects against overnight drops in temperature, and solar panels and heat pumps are notably more effective.
- A longer swimming season – water temperature is 6 to 8° C warmer which extends the season. Temperate water makes for a more enjoyable summer/peak swimming season too.
- Reduces evaporation – because they are in direct contact with the water, thermal covers reduce evaporation by 98%+.
- Convenience – the cover forms a barrier to avoid dirt and debris collecting in the water so the water is kept cleaner and pool maintenance is reduced.
- Environmental benefits – thermal covers reduce the carbon footprint of the swimming pool by using less energy to heat and clean the pool. The cover is water-wise too, given the resultant and significant reduction in evaporation. Chlorine dissipates in sunlight but with a thermal cover, such greenhouse gas emissions are reduced too.
- Financial – noteworthy household savings are made on power, chemicals and water.